Making a homemade calendar using Microsoft Word Calendar Wizard is so easy, and can be a great Father’s Day gift from the kids. With a computer or laptop, a color printer, some sturdy printing paper, and selected digital pictures, an affordable and creative gift is only a few minutes away. And dad will absolutely love going through the memories of his kids on display each month.
Materials for Father’s Day Calendar
- Brochure or Flyer quality paper, matte white finish preferrable
- Digital pictures for every month of the year
- Computer with Microsoft Word and Calendar Wizard installed
- Color printer
- Hole punch and decorative ribbon
How to Make Father’s Day Calendar
- Open up Microsoft Word and choose File|New.
- Choose the Other Documents Tab and select the Calendar Wizard.
- Follow the steps outlined in the wizard to create the calendar. You may want to start with June and end with next May to make a “Dad Year Calendar”.
- Have the kids select their favorite pictures from your family’s collection. Identify which pictures will be used for each month. One idea: keep the theme of the month in mind when choosing photos, for example, choose birthda pcitures of the kids on their birthday months, summer vacation pictures for summer months, etc.
- Replace the picture icon on each month page on the Calendar project with the digital pictures the kids have selected.
- Print out the calendar.
- Punch a hole in the upper left corner of each page and tie together with decorative ribbon.
- Protect the calendar by placing it in a large white envelope. The kids can decorate the envelope with pictures, glitter, and stickers, and write a nice Father’s Day message on the outside.
Happy Father’s Day!